If it has been a while since you have been to a public library you are in for a very pleasant surprise. Today’s libraries are much more than buildings full of books. The Silver Spring branch of the Montgomery County Public Library is conveniently adjacent to our neighborhood, at the corner of Wayne and Fenton. It is a short walk from SOECA neighborhood, bike racks are available, or you can park at the County garage on Wayne Avenue directly across from the library building.
Silver Spring Public Library
900 Wayne Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20910
The Silver Spring Public Library offers:
- Computers for public use
- Photocopying/printing, color or black and white (charges apply)
- Quiet study rooms and tutor rooms
- Early Literacy and After School Edge workstations
- Meeting rooms
- Accessibility Center
- Business Center with Scanner and Copier/Printer
- Digital Media Lab
- 3D Printers
- Early Literacy Center
- World Languages Collection
- Science/Math Go! Kits for Kids
- Mobile Device Charging Station
- 24-hour book drop
- Outside 24/7 Holds Pickup Lockers
- and more …
Books and Materials include:
- 90,000 print volumes
- Audio books, courses and music recordings
- World Language Collection: Amharic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Access to online resources and databases including e-magazines, downloadable music, e-books and more
Books and other items can be requested from any Montgomery County Public Library branch. Items are available from an extensive network of other libraries, through interlibrary loan.
You can use many of the library’s resources without leaving your kitchen table. Download books or music, research a topic, take a class, or chat with a reference librarian online. Access these through the Montgomery County Library’s main website.
Other nearby branches of the county library system include:
Learn more about the Silver Spring Library by visiting its website.